Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bittersweet Goodbye

My soul is restless from the uncertainty
But my heart rests in His sanctuary
A revelation awaits for those who wait patiently
No longer grasping onto what is not mine

I will sit by your feet
While your remind me
Of the everlasting security
You have bought for me
And through the fire
I will be transformed

Dreams fade and plans collide
The consequences of a bittersweet reality
But I will still love for you first loved me
As I hold onto You
You are forever mine

I've realized that for the past few years, I have found hope and security in something that is not guaranteed. Like the victims of Hurricane Katrina, the national government and life insurance companies turned their backs in their time of need. In the end, there is nothing else left but God.
I am investing my heart, my time, my mind, and my actions in something that won't fade. Which means I am letting go of something that was never really promised in the first place. And if it comes back to me praise God. If not than praise God.

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

1 comment:

  1. just stumbled upon this but thank you for it. reading up on your stuff, keep updating!

    and yes, we must putt putt soon!!

    ReplyDelete